Community Forums > General > General Discussion > Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Poll: Do you want a Rating Decay System on Voonly
Strongly Agree
Agree
Don't care
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
 _Player_Rude_

Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 30 de diciembre de 2010
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 05:13
Every Sunday might at 8pm watch player rude (the king of the castleblood ladder) whoop the $hit out of someone in CBLOD -
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 [s1L3nT]DEUS

Ingreso: 1 de febrero de 2011
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 05:41 por [s1L3nT]DEUS
+Tic@voobly wrote:
Why cant we have some comments from the guys who strongly disagree, we need the info from both sides.
i have one more... indeed i have a million but just listen to this one... you are making SLAVES of VOOBLY to all players here.....

IF YOU DONT PLAY A GAME OF EACH LEADER IN 10 DAYS YOU START LOOSING YOUR POINTS....

THIS IS BAD!! YOU ARE MAKING SLAVES OF VOOBLY TO ALL PLAYERS FORCING THEM TO PLAY OR THEIR POINTS WILL BE TAKEN AWAY..... this is bad.. THIS IS REALL BAD....

INDEED.. all player voting strongly agree have a rate lower than 18++ in all leaders.... thats is the most absurd thing of this... they cant even make an opinion because this new rules do not affect them anyway...
 [_TA_]_Limitless_

Ingreso: 26 de octubre de 2012
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 05:40
@ Deus so Viper ,Jordan etc are lower than 1800 ? rofl
 [MD__]DaDrunkInside

Ingreso: 13 de septiembre de 2011
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 06:39 por [MD__]DaDrunkInside
Really great news.

This change is really important and also necessary. The Top 10 Players in RM almost haven't changed at all in recent years and the Top 10 have got kind of stuck. Due to the implementation of the decay system we will be able to see changed in the Top 10 again and this will encourage active players to also play to maintain their spots instead of smurfing on other nicks. I dont like the amount of only playing one game in 10 days to prevent this from happening. It should be at least 5 days in this time period.

It might be also a good idea to reset the Ratings once in a half year to let other players gain a better spot. Activity should definitely have an advantage here. It will also prevent the players from smurfing as it won't be that effective anymore. Not sure if it's possible to implement here for you guys.

Thanks anyway !

Exactly. I've been pushing for resets in CS for almost a year. Then again CS is a whole different mess compared to RM. At least the people at the top of the RM ladder have been experts at RM. The CS ladders are beyond a joke.

@DEUS... I have never heard of you. You having a high bloods rate means nothing if you are not known. Because that means you have probably never played in expert blood games.
 [BalaaM_]CaNeK

Ingreso: 27 de noviembre de 2008
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 07:04
i have one more... indeed i have a million but just listen to this one... you are making SLAVES of VOOBLY to all players here.....

IF YOU DONT PLAY A GAME OF EACH LEADER IN 10 DAYS YOU START LOOSING YOUR POINTS....

THIS IS BAD!! YOU ARE MAKING SLAVES OF VOOBLY TO ALL PLAYERS FORCING THEM TO PLAY OR THEIR POINTS WILL BE TAKEN AWAY..... this is bad.. THIS IS REALL BAD....

INDEED.. all player voting strongly agree have a rate lower than 18++ in all leaders.... thats is the most absurd thing of this... they cant even make an opinion because this new rules do not affect them anyway...

speak by yourself
 [AdiX]_egdE

Ingreso: 6 de septiembre de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 08:15
Love this idea, it always worked for wc3 ladders :)
 __Rod__

Ingreso: 5 de mayo de 2008
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 08:35
I don't like this idea... Nowadays most of the AOE players either works or are very busy, after all, it's a 15 years game... Hell, I work hard and I'm married, so I can disappear sometimes if I really have to.

The community is very small now, a decay system wouldn't be suitable at all in my opinion. Like some players said above, most players voting "Agree" should be lower rated players (or very frequent players), so, they have nothing to loose.

Rate is about skill, not frequency.

My suggestion would be: To give a punishment to droppers, like in Zone times... After "X" drops the player loses "X" points... E.G: 5 drops equals to -25 points or -50 points (but like in Zone, after 5 consecutive finished matches 1 drop is removed). This system would also help the general community, warning the good users about the bad ones...

Although in Zone the user didn't lose points when dropping, Voobly could keep drop/loss as it is right now, and add this incomplete matches computation.
 [MD__]DaDrunkInside

Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 08:37
__Rod__ wrote:
The community is very small now, a decay system wouldn't be suitable at all in my opinion. Like some players said above, most players voting "Agree" should be lower rated players (or very frequent players), so, they have nothing to loose.

Jordan and theviper?
 _radicals

Ingreso: 24 de octubre de 2008
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 08:40
agree....
 wtf12345

Ingreso: 21 de noviembre de 2012
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 08:49
__Rod__ wrote:
I don't like this idea... Nowadays most of the AOE players either works or are very busy, after all, it's a 15 years game... Hell, I work hard and I'm married, so I can disappear sometimes if I really have to.

Rate is about skill, not frequency.

My suggestion would be: To give a punishment to droppers, like in Zone times... After "X" drops the player loses "X" points... E.G: 5 drops equals to -25 points or -50 points (but like in Zone, after 5 consecutive finished matches 1 drop is removed). This system would also help the general community, warning the good users about the bad ones...

Although in Zone the user didn't lose points when dropping, Voobly could keep drop/loss as it is right now, and add this incomplete matches computation.

what the hell do you care ,your fake 18xx+ and scared to lose your rate we all know ur 1600 and stuck in stelitys shadow 11
 __Rod__

Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 08:51
Jordan and theviper?

Did you read the "(or very frequent players)"? They are ultra frequent players, correct? So they are included in my sentence...

And 2 players don't represent the hole community, so keep repeating them don't make sense.

As example, you are lower than 1800, but I can't judge the system only because of you... We have to analyze in general.
 [MD__]DaDrunkInside

Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 08:58
__Rod__ wrote:
Did you read the "(or very frequent players)"? They are ultra frequent players, correct? So they are included in my sentence...

And 2 players don't represent the hole community, so keep repeating them don't make sense.

As example, you are lower than 1800, but I can't judge the system only because of you... We have to analyze in general.

You don't really seem to agree with what a ladder system is for. It is for matchmaking. At least in RM activity generally decides games between high ranked players. If a player goes away for a time they come back and smurf in order to regain form. Why not have it so they can simply play themselves back to their peak rate on their main account?
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Ingreso: 4 de septiembre de 2010
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 09:06
10 days is really too less to be a time period, and I think this should affect only 2000+ players.
 __Rod__

Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 09:21 por __Rod__
wtf12345 wrote:
what the hell do you care ,your fake 18xx+ and scared to lose your rate we all know ur 1600 and stuck in stelitys shadow 11

I joined Adix after the 1800's, playing alone... I barely played 4 games with him, and in fact, one against him (http://www.voobly.com/match/view/7467059/Match-Details).

And I don't hide myself behind fake accounts, right Arg (yes, I know who you are)... And I'm in the one in the shadows..? That's really ironic... What about being a men and using your real account? But, it seems you are not included in this community of players that works and have a busy life, after all, you are just a silly kid... Therefore, you're the one that shouldn't care.

By the way, why the hell do you care of think about me anyway? Jealous of something? I can't understand why you think on me 24/7. I don't even remember you... You must be really pathetic to get this fake account(s) and go around matches/forums trying to trash talk people... Stop being pathetic and try to get a life, for your own sake...

This is a serious thread, respect it please.
 BaBa_MusLiM

Ingreso: 27 de noviembre de 2012
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 09:33
imo this is just a way for alot of the lower skilled players to try catch up in rating ofcourse the higher rated players arn't gona want this but there is far more 1800 1900 players that will want this i know a couple of the players that suggested this idea and to be honest i think they care to much about other people's ratings and what not but either way this will pas so whatever

«234567891011[12]13141516171819202122»
Mostrando 166 - 180 de 346 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
1 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 1 invitados

Most active threads in past week:
EU lobby (13 posts)
RIP JJ_Fad (6 posts)