Community Forums > General > General Discussion > Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Poll: Do you want a Rating Decay System on Voonly
Strongly Agree
Agree
Don't care
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
 [TeG]Breakinth0ughts

Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 31 de marzo de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 15:56
ok whatever do as u want even though it`s stupid
suggestion for the next great idea : if one player is online more then 10 days, wtf give him 10 points
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 [93]Wallabis_

Ingreso: 27 de septiembre de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 16:23
more competitive nice
 [MD__]DaDrunkInside

Ingreso: 13 de septiembre de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 16:24
Breakinthoughts: CS - CBA Hero 1862 136 89

This tells us all we need to know about him.
 RivaL_ReNeGaDe

Ingreso: 4 de septiembre de 2011
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 16:55 por RivaL_ReNeGaDe
No. What if person is going for journey or having exams etc?? He will lose points even he plays all days. Increase time to 20-30 days? Because banned peoples are forever inactive they will be removed.

Explain to me how he loses points if he plays all day? I swear Taff said as long as you play ONE(1) game within 10 days you won't lose points. If it's 20 points per 10 days, then asking for a raise from 10 days shows your characteristic when playing fair. Sorry, I don't need 10+ accounts to have a good time losing in a 'lucky' CBA game (haha).
 RivaL_ReNeGaDe

Ingreso: 4 de septiembre de 2011
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 16:54 por RivaL_ReNeGaDe
an example for you

2200 rated player on 26-11-2012
Will become :
1800 rated player on 14-06-2013

If a player is inactive for that long it would take 7 months of no games.
I seriously doubt he can still play 2200 rated level, especially if it is an RM player.

(Finally found something relating to my question)

I think 10 days is enough. You're losing -20 points per 10 days. Why the hell do you need 30 days to actively play on all your 6+ 2.2k accounts? It would defeat the purpose of this system. I say 10 days is more than enough time to play O.N.E GAME. If real life is so troublesome, then you shouldn't be playing the game anyways. Real life > Gaming. Find that equation within yourself and find your priorities.

You think BF3/CoD3/Halo4 players who take a vacation come back expecting to be on the top 10/top 100 player list? LOL? No, still wrong if you said otherwise. Like I’ve said, Voobly is making it easy, but please play any other game out there with a leaderboard for top players and see how long they stay at top for being inactive for a few days. Get a grip of reality, quit ****ing about this system; accept the changes, or take you and your 10 thousand smurf accounts the hell out of here. You guys sound like a squirrel on their menstrual cycle.
 [WTF]Interlet

Ingreso: 24 de junio de 2007
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 17:12
The ultimate reality of what we have here is that whatever happens, some pathetic losers will still decide that their rating is more important than actually playing a fair or competitive game. Some people on here are arguing on both sides of the fence for legitimate reasons, but what is also evident by the shear number of pages this thread has already run to, is that the dweebs and point ****s do not want to lose one of their multiple accounts' ratings, because they struggle already to use every account in a 10 day window to maintain the completely irrelevant rating.

I originally posted, back on page 7 or 8 that this was a good idea...but after seeing it, I wish I could change my vote to "I don't care" because the reality is it won't make a blind bit of difference - the system will still be massively exploited and exaggerated whatever you do...this goes back to G.a.m.e.p.a.r.k. which was the very first place to have only rated rooms, and the biggest mistake - to make Custom Scenario rated.

I accept, that now there is a rating system in place for CS, there may be a 30% accurate reflection of player's skills in a broad range of CS games, but as we all know, CS is by the far the worst of the 3 game types in terms of complete and utter idiots that prioritise points over playing. If I would guess, I would say that CS played a massive part in the username boom that began in g.a.m.e.p.a.r.k for point trading and eventually smurf purposes, but which has really gone way to far even when this place was IGZ, but here on Voobly is just a complete joke. No doubt, point trading took place in RM back on the zone, but most rated players back then would know a lot of people of their similar level, so when new ones suddenly appeared out of nowhere they knew they were some pathetic children who couldn't play for s.h.i.t.

Going back to unrated now won't work, cause this place would overnight become a ghost town, there is nothing that can be done to truly put right all the wrongs that have happened with our AOE2 community since the closure of the zone. I don't doubt some people's intentions are honest, but sadly I do doubt that it's most people - because the whole system is a magnet for point lovers.

I expect not many people will agree with me, or even read this page because of the numbers of point lovers posting on this
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Ingreso: 4 de septiembre de 2010
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 17:37
This way the ladder would be still the same, now people have overrated nicks and, if this is implemented, people will be underrated. Mods say your points can't be reset to 1600 on request because that will make the ladder inaccurate and you'd bash noobs at 1600 level.

And what different will this be? I don't get to play for ~6 weeks and I'll be -60, then have to beat people rated lower than me...
 twonksloth

Ingreso: 31 de octubre de 2012
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 17:54
what if you go on holiday and then lose your passport and cant get back
 IYIyTh

Ingreso: 28 de diciembre de 2010
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 18:01
Oh, GOD YES. Think of our precious meaningless ratings.
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Grupo: Membresía Platinum
Ingreso: 9 de junio de 2010
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 18:01
guys please stay on topic.. any off topic/cause of flaming will be deleted. thanks
 [WTF]Interlet

Ingreso: 24 de junio de 2007
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 18:02

HAHAHAHAHAH FUNNY ANSWEAR COMING FROM U...

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULDn'T CARE
Game Ladder Rating Wins Losses Streak Ladder Profile
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors RM - General 1697 61 55 1 View
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Old (DON'T USE) 1595 69 86 -1 View
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - CBA 1603 2 1 1 View
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Overall 1598 2 2 0 View
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors RM - Overall 1697 61 55 0 View
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - CBA Hero 1595 0 1 -1 View

What is your point?

I requote myself from page 7
Quote:
I think it's a good idea, although 10 days is not a long time, like everyone says, a minimum should be 2 weeks, if not a month...there's an argument that this should apply to anyone over 1600, cause mine in RM is 1697, but I sure as **** am not anywhere near the level I was when I got that, and I havn't played many games in the last 2 years..

If you think I made my mind up for my own benefit, you are wrong - I know it would not impact me, however if you read what I said before, my suggestion would have impacted me. You can think what you want, but ever since I joined IGZ back in 2007 I have always said the same thing - the whole system is abused, and there are too many accounts. What account number is yours? Your account is the 123rd millionth account, and it's been going for a year. I am the 125th person to have registered on IGZONES - have you even heard of IGZ Do you remember this place before it was Voobly? If you do, why do you have an account only 1 year old?

123 million accounts by 2011, how many people play other games on Voobly? To be generous I would say 10,000 max, and AOK and AOC? 4,000 max, but more likely 3,000 - so what is the need for 123 million accounts, if not for people to point trade? I could not give a **** about the rating - if you want all my points you can f.u.c.k.i.n.g well have them, I will PT you all the way till I'm 1100, but of course I will report you if you accept it because I do not care, but the reality is the community as a whole is rotten to the core.
 [TyRanT]TheViper

Grupo: Most Valuable Player
Ingreso: 25 de julio de 2010
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 18:32 por [TyRanT]TheViper
Casual players shouldn't really care about this. If you play casually you most likely only play for fun and not to compete for any big gain in points. The system is broken at the moment, there's nothing to play for at higher ratings.

I would want to suggest making ALL accounts above 2300 exactly 2300 rating as this was to start. The rating difference from 2000-2300-2600 is too big at this moment and doesn't reflect the real skill difference between those rates. If all those rates were reset to 2300, it would create a much more realistic ladder as everyone would most likely be playing on their main nick only for the higher positions. Or simply just reset the whole ladder as this was to launch.

There's also a must to make cooped 1v1 games UNRATED. A 2300 player with a 1600 coop shouldn't get 15 points by winning a 2000, it's just wrong. It's probably the biggest problem along with the messed up current system.

I'm speaking of the RM ladder only as that's where I belong.
Hope you take this into consideration, I think most Top Players agree.

Edit: If you could work in a "Historical Highest Rating" on each players profile so they don't lose what they once was, it would be great too in order for those who are inactive now and never will return to that level.
 [TeG]Breakinth0ughts

Ingreso: 31 de marzo de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 18:13
Breakinthoughts: CS - CBA Hero 1862 136 89

This tells us all we need to know about him.
stay on topic noob don`t make it personal and to be honest i don`t really get what your message is.your teachers didn`t learn u to develop a sentence?
 +chris@voobly

Grupo: Administrador del Servidor
Ingreso: 3 de octubre de 2007
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 18:14
We should drop the whole rating system and go for achievements instead, as we already know them from other games. This rating system is no longer up to date and should be replaced imho.
 [TyRanT]TheViper

Grupo: Most Valuable Player
Ingreso: 25 de julio de 2010
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 18:21 por [TyRanT]TheViper
I also believe the decay system doesn't have to work for ratings below 2100 because the skill difference from 2000-2200 is much smaller than 1800-2000.

«45678910111213[14]15161718192021222324
Mostrando 196 - 210 de 346 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
5 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
1 miembros, 4 invitados
Yahoo

Most active threads in past week: