Community Forums > General > General Discussion > Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Suggested Voobly Rating Decay IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Poll: Do you want a Rating Decay System on Voonly
Strongly Agree
Agree
Don't care
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
 [AdiX]SteLitY

Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 22 de julio de 2007
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:29 por [AdiX]SteLitY
an example for you

2200 rated player on 26-11-2012
Will become :
1800 rated player on 14-06-2013

If a player is inactive for that long it would take 7 months of no games.
I seriously doubt he can still play 2200 rated level, especially if it is an RM player.
an example for you

2200 rated player on 26-11-2012
will become 1800 rated player on 14-06-2013

if a player has another nick that that has been sitting idle for that long, he is still 2200 because he is still playing on his main nick. now you will have people complaining about 1800 smurfs bashing on other 1800s.
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 RavenMichael

Ingreso: 30 de julio de 2007
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:24
I like the idea, but:

1.- Should first reset all ladder
2.- And from then save the historical highest ratings from each player in each ladder he participate (would suck to get 2k4 and then u leave and no credit anymore).
3.- Playing vs a player 300-400 points lower than you should give no pojnts at all.
4.- And should lose 20 points for no changing rating in 10 days instead no playing at all.
And then i strongly agree.

Brilliant. :)
 [s1L3nT]DEUS

Ingreso: 1 de febrero de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:30
i dont agree bcz i dont play always.. i m playing when i have free time i dont have to play this game everyday this is silly..

AGREE
 [DmD_]IamFirefox

Ingreso: 3 de marzo de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:32
Lets not forget you can only decay to 1800. It stops there. Decay all the way!
 RavenMichael

Ingreso: 30 de julio de 2007
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:33
I like the idea, but:

1.- Should first reset all ladder
2.- And from then save the historical highest ratings from each player in each ladder he participate (would suck to get 2k4 and then u leave and no credit anymore).
3.- Playing vs a player 300-400 points lower than you should give no pojnts at all.
4.- And should lose 20 points for no changing rating in 10 days instead no playing at all.
And then i strongly agree.

Brilliant. :)

I want to add one thing. Dont put historical ratings in a ranking table because its stupid to compare a rating played 5 years ago with a fresh 2 month rating for example, are totaly different stages, much stuff happens in 5 years. Just let the historical rating visible in player profile.
 [s1L3nT]DEUS

Ingreso: 1 de febrero de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:35
Good wrote:
Really great idea. Support this 100%

this is funny 'cause you are under 17++ in all leaders... your vote has no sense at all
 Yippie_kai_yey

Ingreso: 31 de diciembre de 2009
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:38
will premium memberships "save" players from the decay system?
 [_TW]Run_run_run_run

Ingreso: 16 de diciembre de 2007
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:51 por [_TW]Run_run_run_run
I vote Strongly Agree
Just because we need changment

Negative but necessary
10 day.. may be 15 day
Less smurf! Because it's will be hard to keep 5 or 6 nick 2K2 or + (depend if only 1 game or +).

Positive (for cs) :
Less fake nick
Hacker will make more error so more report = more ban i hope!

You need to do more about point trader, noob bash, crasher!

TnT_HitMan

Ingreso: 23 de mayo de 2008
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:54
I agree with you and also if it can be done to look at a way of making offical maps the only one that can be played... over all you gays do a dam good job and I am greatfull for all your hard work you do so I can have some fun been playing this game 20 yrs now
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Grupo: Most Valuable Player
Ingreso: 21 de diciembre de 2007
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:57
Buzz Badtrip has pretty much owned this thread imo.
Strongly Agree.

Im surprised at some of the disagree's. The people that have posted that they disagree seem to view ratings as a milestone and not as a measurement of a person's skill. Although I can understand the milestone mentality I cannot understand feeling burdened over playing 1 game every 10 days to maintain it. If you go out of town and cannot play in 10 days it should not be difficult to reattain the 20 points you lost off your goal. Likewise if you go away for a long period of time your unlikely to be playing near the skill level you were when you achieved your rating *minus some select cs maps ^^*.

And for those of you managing 5-10+ 2k accounts you have completely missed what ladders are intended for and only are disagreeing for account preservation.

I like the idea posted about displaying the highest rate achieved in a ladder as well but my understanding is that this proposal may just be the first step and certain things like this may be possible later.

Also agree with Donnie's post. I think decay will be helpful but I think there are other issues preventing a solid competitive ladder that decay may not influence.
 ZeroEmpires

Grupo: Streamer
Ingreso: 23 de junio de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 00:58
This Is Beautiful
 [DarkL]B00ger

Ingreso: 22 de julio de 2011
Escrito 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 01:07
I agree with this. But 10 days looks short and one game is something that can be easily done. Make it 3 games every 15 days, from my pov it would make thing fairs but hard for point trades or smurfs that want to sit on that rate no matter what. People complaim that if this get's implemented we will have 2.2k players playing vs 1800. Well they can do it even vs 1600 if they create a new account. http://www.voobly.com/match/view/7494517
 [AdiX]SteLitY

Ingreso: 22 de julio de 2007
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 01:18 por [AdiX]SteLitY
i login smurf account every 10 days and join a 4v4 tg. then resign at start. i lose 4 points instead of 20. people start ****ing about people quitting fast on smurf accounts. new problem for voobly to fix.
 Funito

Ingreso: 18 de julio de 2007
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 01:20 por Funito
1) You should split between CS and RM. They're completily two different words and csers are spamming this thread.

2) What is wrong about this: For example, if im inactive, when i comeback i like to play vs the very bests (and if my rating is 1800s i wouldnt be able). I cant play serious and i dont enjoy playing random guys, i just like playing vs the very bests or vs my friends or someone who i would beat for sure, because winning relax me and i enjoy winning haha. Also sometimes when you are really busy or you really dont feel like playing, even 1 game is a lot (on high rating might took like days to find someone to play vs, even if this system encourage them) and 30 mins that took and average game. 3-6 months with bigger penalty and more games would fit better. 10 days is insane, it can only be suggested by someone who hadnt being away of this game more than 10 days. If it is 6 months, i would restart the ladder.
 Funito

Ingreso: 18 de julio de 2007
Editado 27 de noviembre de 2012 - 01:42 por Funito
To all you who disagree because blah blah blah, guess what, if you can't keep your rating for whatever reason, it is because your rating is fake and you are not good enough for it in the first place. Lets say you are 2200, and go inactive and go to 2000, it should not be hard to get back to 2200 if the decay system made you 200 points underrated.
There is more to this game then trying to exploit the rating system in every possible way, the rating is not for collecting trophies or whatever, its sole purpose is to indicate yours and others skill levels to find a suiting opponent when you play.
I'm going to enjoy watching most of the high rated names decreasing at a fast pace while the owners desperately are trying to find enough people to pt with, what a brilliant idea, AoC just turned twice as entertaining!

One of the biggest beauties of this game is that inactive players can own freaks that play 24/7, even if they are worse. I wouldnt had being able to keep a 2200 rating (or at least in the past when i used to play) playing everyday like some others do, because i can rarely play at my peak (i have lot of headache, red eyes problems, or sometimes im very tired, etc). So i didnt play on my account because i couldnt play at my real level even if i was active and this could go for weeks. But my peak was probably bigger than 2200 that was my rating (in fact, i made/ keep it through years winning against guys that got much higger's ratings than me with other accounts) and i always was whiling to get a game (thing that was quite hard) when i felt i was able to play my best. Also if you play few vs top players you can think more about strats :P.

Also some guys get rusty very fast and some always keep same, some guys in 1 week of no playing lose a lot of skill, i mean the most accurate way of making a leader would be if it reflect the peak level of the player and encourage him to not being a **** rating camper.

123456789[10]1112131415161718192021»
Mostrando 136 - 150 de 346 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
8 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
1 miembros, 7 invitados
Yahoo

今人気なコンテンツ:
[TyRanT]_DauT_'s Profile (32 人が視聴中)
TheByeByeMan's Profile (10 人が視聴中)
Word Association (8 人が視聴中)
BattleShip Blood (6 人が視聴中)
過去一週間でアクティブなスレッド
Sheep vs Wolf 2 mod GUIDE (12 個のレス)
NPL IPL MS (6 個のレス)