Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age of Empires > Position-announcement about Macro Keys in Age of Empires 1

Position-announcement about Macro Keys in Age of Empires 1

['RB']Dan

Escrito 8 de mayo de 2015 - 14:14
did you know that twitch channel of voobly gives away free mouse/keyboards that give you unfair advantages? =)
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Escrito 8 de mayo de 2015 - 15:19
Uh oh, bad news malte and emi! :P
 Homme_Fatale_

Editado 11 de mayo de 2015 - 21:32 por Homme_Fatale_
I won't resort to ad hominem attacks moe, but stfu.

However, I would say these points:

1) It is undetectable to voobly - the fact is any gaming keyboard or mouse can create them
2) Voobly, as such, cannot ban them, (I refer to the B+R policies and the evidence that is specified to be required for any offence) so therefore no moderator nor admin should make threats regarding their use. Claiming that all players would be 2k if they all used them is a ridiculous claim, all know why.
3) The AOE community looks very poorly upon anyone who openly admits to using macros. Several players are already refusing to play with certain players that openly admit to using them.
4) Hacks + macros are totally different issues, hacks. You have done a fantastic job over the years to block all hacks etc, no disputing that. However macros is a different matter, like it or like. Players that openly admit to them ARE being ostracised.
 KGB_Crazy

Editado 8 de mayo de 2015 - 22:12 por KGB_Crazy
Its very unfair, really. Only 4-5 active players actually use it for real. Most people dont use or dont want to use multi macro keys in aoe 1, same way people dont like shadow wall (in vietnam they do use and its aceptable for them). If the majority of the people in aoe 1 wanted to disable bigger screen resolutions we would consider it as well. At end of the day we want to improve the game to everyone, at least for most of the players.

If you wanna use macro and be a fair player at least make it public so other players can have a choice to play or not to play with multi macro players.

For me, multi macro key is like using steroids in sport, its forbidden in most sports but still some athletics use it illegal because they know its hard to get caught, still very unfair against people who dont use it. In other hand bodybuilding allow steroid use and its fair for them.

Players wanna use macro ? make it public so other players can choose to play with you or not.

Personally i wouldnt like to play against someone whos use multi macro keys in aoe.

Kurse

Escrito 9 de mayo de 2015 - 02:02
Boozers happiest day ever.
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Editado 9 de mayo de 2015 - 05:37 por [dv8]OrangWuTang
Uh oh, bad news malte and emi! :P
This topic is about Age of Empires 1. Besides who said malte and emi are using macros? Ive never seem them admit it :P
 IaMaBooZeR

Escrito 9 de mayo de 2015 - 22:52
Here is my 2 cent.
To Op: Whats the point of this is u cant enforce it. So your encouraging people to assume if they are using macro after thier loss or what not? Or the stats is high than normally?(what if this person just boom mindless hchchchc nonstop all game?) There is certain players that over reacts so easily and can wrongful accustation can lead to more problems.

The statement from by Crazy:

"What we say is that multi-key macro is such an unfair advantage and must be avoided (of course if all players in the game agree with that its fine, people can even play with cheat on and play bigdaddy wars if they want)."

For an example: I play 1v1 with you and I use no sound and you use sound, yes that is unfair advantage but it is kinda misleading from ur quote.

There is many things that are not fair in all games. Deaf people(means cant use sound), handicapped people(doesn't have both hands or have 1 eye or 1 ear), monitor resolution, better keyboard, better mouse, hell even better table or chair that is very comfortable.

In my opinion, this changes nothing. No regulation, no punishment.

EDIT: I Say teach everyone how to use macro so it will be fair. And lets see how it evolves over the years. Like we did with population limit when we used to start at 50. And we were learning how to change to 200 through regedit. Over the time we are learning how to use more hotkeys and grouping usefulness. Now we moved to voobly and learned how to use AOEHD for screen resolution and change way more population limit variety, legion z patch and much more. No one complains about any of those, so why now complain about macro? Because there is no one that teaches you how to use them. Macros has been around for many years.

Oh, Boo ****in hoo hoo PD. The most vils you used to have before you started macroing was in the 140 range, suddenly while streaming your macro use, you start pumping 250+ vils. pumping 40 TCs and 12+ ranges in just over one second. that leaves 19 seconds between vils to micro manage your eco. about 12 seconds extra time over the non-macroer. We play with the same people day after day. Why do you feel that you need the extra advantage?
 Kurse

Escrito 12 de mayo de 2015 - 14:14
KGB_Crazy wrote:
Its very unfair, really. Only 4-5 active players actually use it for real. Most people dont use or dont want to use multi macro keys in aoe 1

Azial uses macro for sure. He has shows us his ****ty little laptop. No way this guy is legit 3x faster than the fastest non-cheating players in aoe. Azila can manage to perfectly ac and pump 9 ranges for 30 mins while also making 200+ peons and losing 100 of them jihading. It feels like playing vs 2 players. He is just not that good hehe. It felt like vs pd with macro, exactly like that.

Crazy, can you tell me who these people are? I already have an idea, because their speed is ridiculous, but I want to know for sure. I will still play with them, but I just want to know who has unfair advantage against me in 1v1.

Homme_Fatale_

Editado 12 de mayo de 2015 - 18:21 por Homme_Fatale_
As if. You just strategically weaker, relying on stronger spots.

Perhaps it feels like speed machine due to being outthought, and a lack of knowledge? I know how to make every click count, how to prioritise, how to control my army. it really is all about prioritising, knowing WHEN to dance chariots, not just your mindless clicking!

I can help you some time with some pointers if you want? A couple of my recent REAL POVs for you to watch and learn from as well, top level elite games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK84xAzXzeE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5bCQSwYWjE&

As for macros, I wish!!! :P:P I have to make do with a £1.00 mouse from a bootsale, see below!!! ;bleh

But seriously, I am more than happy to help you out with some strat talk etc, any time :)

You must login into Voobly to view image
 Kheisen

Escrito 9 de enero de 2017 - 18:41
I remember your streaming from 5 years ago, you were clearly macroing. In your present videos, we can see that you're way slower.

1[2]
Mostrando 16 - 25 de 25 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
1 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 1 invitados

Dân số hiện tại:
1.6 reward campaing (57 Người chơi)
AoKTS updates (50 Người chơi)
Word Association (47 Người chơi)
CBA PathBlood 1.8.0 (45 Người chơi)
Photos of Voobly Players (15 Người chơi)
Most legendary aoe player (14 Người chơi)
Chủ đề tích cực nhất tuần qua: