Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Death Match > spectator sending messages to game players

spectator sending messages to game players

[Foo]fobbix

Escrito 12 de julio de 2015 - 17:56
It wouldn't be a problem to use ts/skype in-game with other in-game users and outside that aren't spectating just between the in-game players and spectators. Also you would be able to co-op and spec and be on enemy team also. Its just it effective gives teams map hack and readily detailed information on game statistics.

Anyway it would likely be implemented as an additional option probably. In CS I suppose you can't gain an advantage that much since it is usually just straight forward (at least in some CS games anyway).
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 ['RB']Dan

Editado 12 de julio de 2015 - 18:07 por ['RB']Dan
still dont give a **** and i will keep using skype/ts with those in spec/enemy team while playing rm as i wont randomly end a call just because they want to skip one game or we have more than 4 players in ts/skype ^_^
 zxcvbnmxx

Editado 13 de julio de 2015 - 01:15 por zxcvbnmxx
@ While you might have a specific point , voobly can't simply cover a blanket ban on all external chatting programs . That would be a big issue and a programming nightmare.
Edit : Selectively stopping skype and other external applications ?? LOL
 Gracie

Escrito 13 de julio de 2015 - 01:27
We just had a inner clan tournament where speccing was out and out banned because of peoples fear of skype cheating and messenger cheat. Yes. some people do it. but in the grand scheme of things, it changes very little. You cant go trhough life assuming the worst of people. this is a game we all play for FUN. some days you win, some days you lose. for me, part of the fun is talking to friends on ts and skype while i play. hell sometimes in on both simotaniously while streaming. im not going to stop doing so. I trust my friends, I assume its posible that other people are in games im in doing the exact same thing. so why should I care? 1:30 is a fair bit of time. a lot can happen in that window.

anyways point is. chill the f*** out
 [Foo]fobbix

Escrito 13 de julio de 2015 - 13:37
zxcvbnmxx wrote:
@ While you might have a specific point , voobly can't simply cover a blanket ban on all external chatting programs . That would be a big issue and a programming nightmare.
Edit : Selectively stopping skype and other external applications ?? LOL
Download a program called Wireshark

You can always terminate external programs. Voobly could also just boot the player from the game for cheating/destroying the experience for the other gamers also.
Gracie wrote:
We just had a inner clan tournament where speccing was out and out banned because of peoples fear of skype cheating and messenger cheat. Yes. some people do it. but in the grand scheme of things, it changes very little. You cant go trhough life assuming the worst of people. this is a game we all play for FUN. some days you win, some days you lose. for me, part of the fun is talking to friends on ts and skype while i play. hell sometimes in on both simotaniously while streaming. im not going to stop doing so. I trust my friends, I assume its posible that other people are in games im in doing the exact same thing. so why should I care? 1:30 is a fair bit of time. a lot can happen in that window.

anyways point is. chill the f*** out
Most people that cheat are the ones that also Team Stack/FMT. Like I said play for the game not for the points.
 _Hacks

Escrito 13 de julio de 2015 - 14:14
Set the spectator delay in spec settings more than 5 minutes then everything will be solved.
 [Foo]fobbix

Escrito 13 de julio de 2015 - 15:15
_Hacks wrote:
Set the spectator delay in spec settings more than 5 minutes then everything will be solved.
Quote:
And to further that some people spec so they can both A) enjoy watching the match and B) so they can play the next match. Obviously with increased spec delay you can't do both.
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Escrito 13 de julio de 2015 - 17:40
Ever heard of teamspeak?
+1
even spectator messages are blocked, communication is still piece of cake with teamspeak or skype.
 [Foo]fobbix

Escrito 13 de julio de 2015 - 19:35
+1
even spectator messages are blocked, communication is still piece of cake with teamspeak or skype.
Quote:
Ever heard of IP addresses?

Any networking activity has to be done through Internet Protocol (IP) ie (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Legacy? IPX and a few others).
 [MM]___CLAW

Escrito 16 de julio de 2015 - 04:47
yes i strongly agree

as a player/spectator need to minimise game to send messages /press resume to lobby option
he should be immediately return to lobby ending game(game should be closed) this way we can reduce(not totallY but upto soem extent)
 [ Wf ]sJesse_OwenSs

Escrito 16 de julio de 2015 - 05:50
no spect hack. life honest players. Games bored
 InstaAoC

Escrito 18 de julio de 2015 - 16:24
That happens a lot in NPL, but instead sending messages they use team speak or skype.

I don't think that 1:30 delay will help much at all, in 1:30 you can make a wall or start army in enough time.

If it were possible, voobly shouldn't allow spectators that have team speak or skype open, and even close the game if the spectator attempt to open any of those programs. If this were possible, it would be awesome.
 [I3acI]JimmyRat

Editado 18 de julio de 2015 - 17:01 por [I3acI]JimmyRat
Well to one extend we should also automatically kick player who lost/resign because they don't have delay.
I think this is a hide and seek game ... if you block messages on voobly those who are already using it will use Skype TeamSpeak (rip msn) and then what we should also block are all mobile phone phones because they will use whatsapp or viber or wechat

Just live with it and have fun
 zxcvbnmxx

Escrito 20 de julio de 2015 - 01:02
Who can terminate external programs ? Voobly ? Can they termintate My anit-virus also ? Why don't i simply give them free access to all my network data .. " Sarcasm"
 [Foo]fobbix

Escrito 20 de julio de 2015 - 08:32
zxcvbnmxx wrote:
Who can terminate external programs ? Voobly ? Can they termintate My anit-virus also ? Why don't i simply give them free access to all my network data .. " Sarcasm"
Potentially any piece of software that runs on your PC could. An Anti-Virus program might produce a false-positive (get in the way), but that would result in Voobly not working any more (if you did proceed to block it).

How do you think all those people get hacked when they download illegal games to there computer. An Anti-Virus isn't 100% full-proof either (No Anti-Virus is). There is always a risk even when you download genuine programs (or run any software on your system, windows itself included).

Wireshark monitors all networking activity and doesn't result in any Anti-Virus false-positives. Voobly also already runs as admin. Although if it did attempt to terminate another program then maybe the Anti-Virus would play up but if a Anti-Virus does its job properly then it wouldn't mind your program terminating lower priority applications (unless it was done in a malicious way anyway). It's job is to prevent malicious programs, damage to hardware, stop the system being compromised and to stop theft of data from your computer.

1[2]3
Mostrando 16 - 30 de 34 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
1 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 1 invitados