AFK Game Rooms

 iAtom


Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 22 de octubre de 2013
Mensajes:52
Escrito 20 de septiembre de 2015 - 04:41
I just had a few suggestions regarding the AFK rooms in the game lobbies.

Currently, if a player is hosting a room, and then isn't active for a certain amount of time, the room goes to AFK and displays "Join (AFK)" on the button. Why not just auto-kick the host so then it removes the room or allows others to host that room (if there were others waiting)?

Another suggestion is (if auto-kicking the host isn't possible), would be to change the colour of the "Join (AFK)" to yellow or orange. Right now, "Join" and "Join (AFK)" are the same colour. Changing the "Join (AFK)" title colour would make it much easier to distinguish visually whether a room is AFK or not.

Again, these are suggestions and my opinions. Let me know what you guys think!
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 +kitt


Grupo: Systems Operations
Ingreso: 13 de enero de 2008
Mensajes:16905
Escrito 21 de septiembre de 2015 - 16:10
hi
there are a whole host tweaks etc that may improve voobly. a lot are just eye candy. with the number of rooms now in a lobby, as far as i know theres not been a time recently when they are were all taken. so no necessity to boot afk's
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 iAtom


Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 22 de octubre de 2013
Mensajes:52
Editado 22 de septiembre de 2015 - 01:13 por iAtom
+kitt wrote:
hi
there are a whole host tweaks etc that may improve voobly. a lot are just eye candy. with the number of rooms now in a lobby, as far as i know theres not been a time recently when they are were all taken. so no necessity to boot afk's

Yeah, I understand, it would be placed lower in a priority list, but again it's just a suggestion to keep Voobly improving! And yeah, I don't recall a time where I wasn't able to host a room due to them all being "taken".

My reasoning behind this is not to have more rooms available to host, but instead to have only a list of rooms to join that aren't AFK. For example, I might briefly glance over room title and click Join not noticing that it was AFK, but having the colour change on the join button could make it easier to distinguish.

Another example would be that I'm waiting in a room, the host goes afk, and theres other people in the room waiting with me. If it did auto kick the AFK host, then others wouldn't have to leave and make a new room but instead it would just re-assign a host.
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 [MM]___CLAW


Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 8 de octubre de 2014
Mensajes:368
Escrito 1 de octubre de 2015 - 19:03
hi
Quote:
Currently, if a player is hosting a room, and then isn't active for a certain amount of time, the room goes to AFK and displays "Join (AFK)" on the button. Why not just auto-kick the host so then it removes the room or allows others to host that room (if there were others waiting)?
;cheers a good idea making the players waiting there as host and kicking the host is a good one

but
Quote:
Another suggestion is (if auto-kicking the host isn't possible), would be to change the colour of the "Join (AFK)" to yellow or orange. Right now, "Join" and "Join (AFK)" are the same colour. Changing the "Join (AFK)" title colour would make it much easier to distinguish visually whether a room is AFK or not.

there is no need of this. as soon as host goes afk the room goes down the lobby and the option where we click join has a big name so we can distinguish easily
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 iAtom


Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 22 de octubre de 2013
Mensajes:52
Editado 2 de octubre de 2015 - 05:50 por iAtom
there is no need of this. as soon as host goes afk the room goes down the lobby and the option where we click join has a big name so we can distinguish easily

Yeah, what I'm getting at is that the green afk room buttons (even with the obvious text saying room is AFK) can still be decieving from quick glance. The way I personally see it is if a room is green, means its good to go. I guess I'm more a visuals/graphics kind of person instead of text oriented!
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 [MM]___CLAW


Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 8 de octubre de 2014
Mensajes:368
Escrito 2 de octubre de 2015 - 13:35
Quote:
Yeah, what I'm getting at is that the green afk room buttons (even with the obvious text saying room is AFK) can still be decieving from quick glance. The way I personally see it is if a room is green, means its good to go. I guess I'm more a visuals/graphics kind of person instead of text oriented!

lol whats ur eye sight?
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 [MM]___CLAW


Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 8 de octubre de 2014
Mensajes:368
Escrito 2 de octubre de 2015 - 14:59
dont tell me u join any random room...u too read the title and join it and afk is clearly visible and they r located at the bottom
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 iAtom


Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 22 de octubre de 2013
Mensajes:52
Escrito 3 de octubre de 2015 - 00:23
dont tell me u join any random room...u too read the title and join it and afk is clearly visible and they r located at the bottom

Yeah, I do read the title as well as the join. I guess in my oppinion it would be a tad nicer if the AFK rooms were to be a different colour. But, if they stayed how they are, I'd do just fine :P
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 Knnabis


Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 7 de marzo de 2009
Mensajes:76
Editado 6 de octubre de 2015 - 04:29 por Knnabis
+1 excellent idea.
They should also let the host can kick players "fp"


Enlace | Responder | Citar
[1]
Mostrando 1 - 9 de 9 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
1 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 1 invitados

Most active threads in past week: