CBA v21 - New Features & Updates

[ wZ]_Jarvis

Escrito 15 de mayo de 2017 - 03:20
Why remove walling an enemy? It's a fair legitimate strategy that can help win outcivs if you work together.

The ally development addition is ****ed too and changes the fundamentals.

Did you get ANY feedback from the community before making such fundamental changes?

Agree
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 ssupercrackk

Editado 15 de mayo de 2017 - 05:16 por ssupercrackk
🗿
 [I3acI]JimmyRat

Editado 15 de mayo de 2017 - 05:16 por [I3acI]JimmyRat
Quote:
Quote:
[Eot_]Marvel__ wrote:
Why remove walling an enemy? It's a fair legitimate strategy that can help win outcivs if you work together.

The ally development addition is ****ed too and changes the fundamentals.

Did you get ANY feedback from the community before making such fundamental changes?

Agree

Agree +1

ssupercrackk

Escrito 15 de mayo de 2017 - 05:17
dont interrump stinky rat

🗿
 SuperImbecil

Escrito 15 de mayo de 2017 - 05:18
🗿🗿
 [B3N1T0]AzeRat

Escrito 15 de mayo de 2017 - 05:19
🗿🗿🗿
 Teasers

Escrito 15 de mayo de 2017 - 11:56
🗿🗿🗿
 calexus5678

Editado 15 de mayo de 2017 - 15:14 por calexus5678
So we can have a CBA map pack/list with different versions and the community can decide which ones they like...

Why not add Malte's version too? I have my own idea as well which is just a slight and cool twist on normal CBA..
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Escrito 15 de mayo de 2017 - 16:21
Mine is added but people get confused with colors being different for each base from time to time.
 calexus5678

Escrito 16 de mayo de 2017 - 12:14
I still haven't got around to playing it.. Just wondering why you changed the colors around.. even something as small as that can put off players (people are fickle creatures of habit who hate change)..

Also, I think the map creator should rename this version from CBA v21. Sorry but that is actually quite disrespectful and narcissistic to think that you have the rights to a nearly 10 year line of map versions and that you can remake it as you see fit. This map should be renamed to make it clear that it is an alternate version. It will fly or sink on its own merits, it's just plain wrong to outright steal the version line to try and boost your map...
 ['RB']nhoobish

Escrito 16 de mayo de 2017 - 12:50
I still haven't got around to playing it.. Just wondering why you changed the colors around.. even something as small as that can put off players (people are fickle creatures of habit who hate change)..

Also, I think the map creator should rename this version from CBA v21. Sorry but that is actually quite disrespectful and narcissistic to think that you have the rights to a nearly 10 year line of map versions and that you can remake it as you see fit. This map should be renamed to make it clear that it is an alternate version. It will fly or sink on its own merits, it's just plain wrong to outright steal the version line to try and boost your map...

As he is a Voobly Staff member and Voobly Staff is in charge of the updates of CBA, whatever they want to add to the scenario gets done. I do not see why you backlash at the person who simply created and proposed the changes.
 Th0m

Escrito 16 de mayo de 2017 - 15:29

He's one of Voobly's map editors. The balance changes he put forward are directly lifted from community suggestions. Some of the QoL changes he wants to implement are from T3nchy.
 calexus5678

Escrito 16 de mayo de 2017 - 17:37
As he is a Voobly Staff member and Voobly Staff is in charge of the updates of CBA, whatever they want to add to the scenario gets done. I do not see why you backlash at the person who simply created and proposed the changes.

I explained it perfectly. It's technically incorrect to take over the lineage of a map which underwent very small and gradual balancing changes over a long time, then make a load of big changes decided by himself apparently, and then call it the next version of the map. It's ridiculous, and while the mapper has done work, if he was really serious, he would be willing to do this process over a longer time with smaller changes, then it could be considered a next version.. Instead he's foisting this on the community..

Again it wouldn't be a problem if he named the scenario in accordance with it's status as an alternate version... and it could still be rated..
 calexus5678

Escrito 16 de mayo de 2017 - 17:45
Th0m wrote:
He's one of Voobly's map editors. The balance changes he put forward are directly lifted from community suggestions. Some of the QoL changes he wants to implement are from T3nchy.

I have seen every thread about changes to CBA and I've not seen 80%+ of the changes been mentioned in them.. Maybe you could link me to that... or did you just make it up? Anyway you could pick and choose and disregard any community suggestions you want, it still doesn't change the fact it's been decided by one person all at once...

['RB']nhoobish

Editado 16 de mayo de 2017 - 18:02 por ['RB']nhoobish
I explained it perfectly. It's technically incorrect to take over the lineage of a map which underwent very small and gradual balancing changes over a long time, then make a load of big changes decided by himself apparently, and then call it the next version of the map. It's ridiculous, and while the mapper has done work, if he was really serious, he would be willing to do this process over a longer time with smaller changes, then it could be considered a next version.. Instead he's foisting this on the community..

Again it wouldn't be a problem if he named the scenario in accordance with it's status as an alternate version... and it could still be rated..

Here is where you are wrong. Doom's scenario is called CBA Monks. That scenario has various "improvements/changes" to the gameplay. There was a discussion in staff forums related to CBA updates with proposed changes from CBA Monks. The changes listed in the first post are features of CBA Monks, which can be or not be implemented to the normal CBA to "improve" it. Moreover, he cannot force anything on the community, it is not his descision at all, there are different people in charge who will decide such matters.

If your precious CBA version gets ruined for you, please do not blame Doom, as he is not the person to decide which updates are added or not, he just makes the updates.

123[4]5678910
Mostrando 46 - 60 de 145 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
3 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 3 invitados