What went wrong? Arabia 1v1

YouOnlyLiveOnce

Editado 7 de noviembre de 2017 - 12:21 por YouOnlyLiveOnce
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16671231

Any advice how to improve my gameplay?

Persians vs. Vikings. I planned a scout rush, but my opponent fully walled. Tried to break in, destroyed a couple of houses but he delayed me until he had some spears.
I thought no problem, go to Castle ASAP, Knights will destroy his feudal army. This actually went quite well, I broke his defence and killed some villagers but he already had pikes so I had also heavy losses. I built my forward castle to defend 3 gold piles.

I went to Imp before executing my final attack, researched Paladin but he countered them very well with Monks and Pikes. He also had slightly better economy at this point, with more villagers (which is strange because my eco was untouched). Maybe I should focus more on economy late Castle/Imperial age? I don't think it was the deciding factor, but it definitely can improve. I had too much gold in Castle Age, so I had to buy food and wood, and later sell wood and food when my mines run out.

The biggest problem was that he reacted very well for the different situations, like he knew what I was planning. I tried to add Skirms to my army but he already had Berserk mixed with the Pikemen and spent most of his gold on Siege Rams while I started to struggling with gold because of the gold heavy Paladins. When I lost my goldpiles in the center, it was over.

Probably Crossbows in late Castle and later HC would've been a good solution, but I only thought of this solution after the game has ended.
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 FortTell

Editado 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 09:19 por FortTell
You took very cost-inefficient fights. Pikes are a counter to the Knight-line and should not be engaged most of the time (except that attack under his TC in early castle, that was good because it enabled you to kill vills and make it cost-efficient).
Persian counter to Pikes is Hand Cannoneer. Get Chemistry, spam them from like six ranges and remove pike. (17 attack + 10 bonus attack vs. Infantry) They cost gold but are still cheaper than Paladins and work much better vs Pikes. Another counter may have been massed Scorpions. (but that is not as good as HC)

As for the eco, yes, you had very low vill count. ~100 is where you should be (esp. with the Persian bonus to TC work rate(aka faster vill production). Persian boom is good) In addition, some of your lumbercamps were overcrowded, reducing efficiency.

Finally, maybe it is just your preference but consider using the reseed farm queue at the mill, especially in the lategame. The endless sound of used farms is irritating and distracts your attention.

Edit: You can throw in some LightCav to counter Monks (Hussar is not worth getting in this army comp)

Enlace | Responder | Citar
[1]
Mostrando 1 - 2 de 2 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
1 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 1 invitados

What's popular right now: