wololokingdoms rating

greenmiles

Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 21 de octubre de 2017
Escrito 7 de noviembre de 2017 - 22:44
AOK is not AOC (added civs, rules of the game changed), AOM is not AOC, Wololokingdoms is not AOC.

IF you agree with this,

Why the hell is it allowed to play wololokingdoms on the AOC rating ladder? You even need to BUY STEAM to be able to. It is a diffrent game, it should be ranked on a DIFFRENT ladder (in a diffrent room). Or is there some secret agenda with STEAM voobly has at the moment?
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 +TroySupport

Grupo: Soporte Técnico
Ingreso: 4 de noviembre de 2017
Escrito 7 de noviembre de 2017 - 23:07
You mean add in WK 1v1 - WK TG Ladders into MS Lobby. ?
 greenmiles

Escrito 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 00:24
And dont let it mix in with aoc ratings, because WK is not aoc. Otherwise i want aokII played in aoc ladder aswell, frank war time :P
 +chris@voobly

Grupo: Administrador del Servidor
Ingreso: 3 de octubre de 2007
Escrito 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 07:18
greenmiles wrote:
And dont let it mix in with aoc ratings, because WK is not aoc. Otherwise i want aokII played in aoc ladder aswell, frank war time :P

That lobby, where you could play Forgotten Empires or the African Kingdoms was rarely used by anyone - or in other words, it was dead. Technically, Wololo Kingdoms is like Forgotten Empires, just a mod in our mod centre, which is based on AOC + User Patch. Thus our decision, to enable WK for rated match making in NPL, MS and CS. AOK and AOC on the other hand, are two completely different games.
 [TGO]redeagl

Ingreso: 30 de diciembre de 2010
Escrito 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 14:22
No thanks, we don't need specific ladders for WK.
 greenmiles

Editado 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 15:41 por greenmiles
aoc looks more like aok, then WK looks like aoc. Good logic. I am not talking about a seperate looby, i am talking about its a completely diffrent game than aoc, and thus should have a diffrent rating ladder... Especialyy because some cant even play WK on voobly....
 +Jineapple

Grupo: System Operator
Ingreso: 5 de septiembre de 2015
Escrito 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 17:15
greenmiles wrote:
aoc looks more like aok, then WK looks like aoc. Good logic. I am not talking about a seperate looby, i am talking about its a completely diffrent game than aoc, and thus should have a diffrent rating ladder... Especialyy because some cant even play WK on voobly....

AoC had gameplay changes like villagers starting to gather resources after building drop-off sites, farm queues etc. in addition to balance changes. WK just has new civs&balance, which isn't different from other data mods in the mod centre.
 greenmiles

Escrito 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 17:54
Have you guys even played wololo? Totally diffrent from aoc...Crazy new units which change the entire counterunit balance/strats, roflmao? I'd rather learn that my minebuilders go automatically to my gold (aok-aoc) then to completely relearn the entire counterunits system/balances of resource to boom etc...
And on top of it, it is a STEAM game, completely seperated from aoc,otherwise EVERYONE could play it on voobly... There are some serious legal issues aswell if we follow voobly ways, but thats another story.
 [TGO]redeagl

Editado 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 19:35 por [TGO]redeagl
^ That's a good question. Have you even played WK? And btw, there is no legal problems. You need to buy the expansions from Steam first. Also, the different game is just the " HD Edition" which only have added la and worse pathfinding. Otherwise, it's the same.
 [TGO]redeagl

Escrito 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 19:37
greenmiles wrote:
Have you guys even played wololo? Totally diffrent from aoc...Crazy new units which change the entire counterunit balance/strats, roflmao? I'd rather learn that my minebuilders go automatically to my gold (aok-aoc) then to completely relearn the entire counterunits system/balances of resource to boom etc...
And on top of it, it is a STEAM game, completely seperated from aoc,otherwise EVERYONE could play it on voobly... There are some serious legal issues aswell if we follow voobly ways, but thats another story.
11111, we have a 1001 balance data mods that does exactly what you said, yet we don't have a ladder for them.
 [ TRP ]1vs1_arabia

Ingreso: 25 de julio de 2014
Editado 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 19:57 por [ TRP ]1vs1_arabia
God no, that's a terrible idea. Don't divide the community even more.

I have and I very much like it. AoC civs feel kinda bland to me, WK is really what aoe2 needs whether you like it or not. Expert players are more active than ever and genuinely enjoying the new civs.

'Crazy new units which change the entire counterunit balance/strats, roflmao' how is that a bad thing? You want to see the same **** you've seen for the past 18 years? And no, the counter system is still exactly the same apart from a couple new additions. Maybe it tells something about you if it's so difficult to adapt, but just like you have done for AoC civs you need to learn about new units/techs/strats.

"And on top of it, it is a STEAM game" Newsflash: AoC is not a voobly game either.

TedBrosby

Ingreso: 25 de julio de 2012
Editado 8 de noviembre de 2017 - 22:41 por TedBrosby
greenmiles wrote:
....i am talking about its a completely diffrent game than aoc...

I am sorry for spelling it out to you this way but... That just proves you are not quite an RTS player. And you lack the skill of adaptation.

FE/Ak/RoR are just extensions of Age of Empires 2; As in any other RTS game e.g. Starcraft 2 (LOTV, HOTS, WOL).

Extensions are meant to modernize the gameplay, fix bugs, add new features and provide a slightly different concept of the game. Why?
    To Test Your Ability Of Strategic Adaptation.
    To Test Your Ability To Device New Build Orders.
    To Open Your Mind To Various Problem/Solving.

If you really care about success in Age of Empires 2 (or any other strategy based game) Don't ask an angry question. Introduce your struggle to a Question.

Instead of "AOK is not AOC", Try "Why Do I suck at AOK?"

Because only then your brain will start thinking critically and become intoxicated.
 greenmiles

Escrito 10 de noviembre de 2017 - 01:24
Tedbrosby, some random 15xx noob has spoken. When you hit 2.2k+ in aok rm/dm and aoc rm/dm talk to me again, 111.
By saying that you just prove my point about the argument why wk games shouldn't be rated as aoc games. Silly 15xx noobs who fail even at conversing.. 11
 TedBrosby

Ingreso: 25 de julio de 2012
Escrito 10 de noviembre de 2017 - 11:59
greenmiles wrote:
Tedbrosby, some random 15xx noob has spoken. When you hit 2.2k+ in aok rm/dm and aoc rm/dm talk to me again, 111.
By saying that you just prove my point about the argument why wk games shouldn't be rated as aoc games. Silly 15xx noobs who fail even at conversing.. 11
Always have a look at others profile before forming a snap judgment.
You accuse me of being a 15++ while you are one: http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16662491
 MaterialDefendr

Ingreso: 6 de noviembre de 2017
Escrito 11 de noviembre de 2017 - 03:53
Oh he meant 2k on CS ladder

[1]2
Mostrando 1 - 15 de 21 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
1 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 1 invitados