Community Forums > Voobly General > Strategy Guides > Herofest: By [ViCiouS]Valar

Herofest: By [ViCiouS]Valar

[ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Escrito 14 de febrero de 2011 - 01:49
INTRODUCTION: Hero fest is a large, flat 8 player map with a small patch of water in the middle (holds no significance in the game) where you start with a castle (the main castle), 2 towers, 2 villagers (garrisoned inside your castle at start), some wall around the castle and a spawn where Heroes are automatically spawned (Heroes will upgrade with kills.

SETTINGS

Starting Age: Post-Imperial Age
Best Civilisation: Turks are explained in this guide, Huns are also good.
Maximum Population: 200 creatable units, 200+ heroes (you'll never see this unless you're playing the map completely wrong)

GAME-PLAY:

TIME, SPEED and COORDINATION ARE VITAL IN HERO FEST. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER!

Useful hotkeys:
Shift+(Unit Key)= 5 units being produced, for example Castle units such as Mangudais, Jans, Eles, etc are T, so Shift+T=5 units being produced, Villagers are C so Shift+C=5 Villagers being produced.

B+N= Town Center
B+J= Bombard Tower
B+W= Wall (I don't use this one)
V+V= Castle

Numbering regiments:

CTRL+# -Select a regiment of units and while having them selected do CTRL+1 or 2 or 3 or 4... So from now on you can click 1 and auto select the regiment that you labeled as #1. This is very useful when you are "massing" Khans (something I'll talk about later).

Units stances:

Archers, Janissary and Khans work the best on stand ground (N).
Cavalry and infantry units work the best in attack stance (A).
When distracting BBTs, Janissary, Archers or Castles select units in no-attack stance and patrol in a close space <- This is very good to distract BBTs while your Villagers are building.

Now, the best setups for each color, you don't have to do them exactly like I did, there are different ways, but these ones are the best styles in my opinion.

Blue
[You must login to view link][You must login to view link]
Red
Green
Yellow
Teal
Purple
Grey
Orange

1ST PHASE "STARTS"
Building first castles and first TC:

1- Once the game starts ungarrison your villagers and take them to your "base" area, develop spies and create Janissary. For each color try to make building setups similar to the ones I posted above.

2- Always keep a villager working on the TC (unless it is extremely necessary to repair another building), and the other villager for one castle in specific when you have already blocked your TC from getting attacked by non-Archer units.

3- Janissary rush. This is another key part of the game, your enemy will rush your villagers with 3 or 4 Janissary normally, as his objective is to kill your Villagers so you can't build anything. What you got to do is this: Do not go all defensive and just stand in front of your castles so you don't get attacked, remember, if you attack him he will have to take care of his villagers too, otherwise he will lose them. If you make 3 or 4 Janissary at start, take the first 2 and send them along with a Heros regiment to your enemy's base (ALWAYS send Janissary after Heroes so they don't get killed instantly). Now, you need to send a new group of Heroes along with your remaining Janissary (that you didn't send) to attack your enemy's Janissary that should be coming to you. Be careful here because losing 1 Villager can slow you down and give him a lot of advantage.

4- OK, now, once you get your TC up, create extra Villagers, if necessary delete Heroes (to avoid wasting time in deleting, just flood heros to your enemy's castles NOT units since your Heroes will chase his Heroes). This will lower your population to allow production of Villagers.

5- As soon as you get castles up, produce Janissary but GARRISON THEM so they don't get eaten by enemy Heroes.

2ND PHASE BUILDING SETUP

Once you have at least 3 castles up, you can delete the walls and towers to move "outside". Ungarrison your Janissary and send them outside of your mini-base along with your villagers:

BUILDING SETUPS:

In my experience I've seen 2 styles of playing in Hero Fest: the "Inside" and the "Outside" styles:

The "Inside": This style is more defensive since it's harder to feed your enemy kills and easier to block your enemy up. You go straight to his "Mini base" ****ing up his game and eventually his Main castle will be inside the range of your BBTs.

Here's a screenshot of an "inside" building setup:

The "Outside": This style is more aggressive but more risky, since your Villagers are in more danger because there's more space from where you can get attacked, but if successful you'll get close or actually control your enemy's spawn if you're good/fast enough. You just go straight to your enemy's spawn, and your aim is to get as close as possible, so your BBTs can hit his spawn point.

Here's a screenshot of an "outside" building setup:

Which style is better? To be honest, I don't know, I prefer the "Outside" but vs strong players it's safer to play "Inside", I recommend first to master the "Inside" then master the "Outside", at least for me it was easier to master the "Inside". Once you dominate both styles you'll be able to be more creative and try to play both sides "Inside" and "Outside" or play one and then switch to the other one without feeding. I love to switch but sometimes it's necessary to feed when doing this.

Units best commands:
1st- Villagers working, avoid having IDLE Villagers, Heroes, TCs and Castles.
2nd- Janissary near or in front of the Villagers and their buildings in stand ground. So they'll protect your Villagers.
3rd- Heroes in front of Janissary, so your Heroes are the ones being hit and not your Janissary since Their HP is small and fragile.

Now is when you have to make more TCs so you can create more villagers! Take 1 or 2 Villagers to the back of your base and put them to work, for example: [You must login to view link][You must login to view link]

Always make castles first, and keep advancing as much as you can towards your enemy's base until he has stopped you and you're starting to feed Once you were stopped, you start building BBTs but don't BBT **** like a mad man, use 3 or 4 Villagers per building (either BBT/TC/Castle) and make them build near your castles so you don't block and paths are created so there's a constant flood of Janissary and Heroes to keep advancing and protecting your Villagers.

While you do this, you must attack your enemy's Villagers so he can't build, this is also the key to winning games. If you make him delay, he won't be able to stop you once you get some castles and BBTs up, and you'll just rape the **** out of him and keep advancing towards his Main castle. What I do is, take around 5 Janissary and rush his Villagers along with Heroes, USE HEROES TO ATTACK VILLAGERS NOT JANISSARY!!!

When you are stopped building similar to this:

From now on, it will be a constant fight and the winner will depend on who had the better advantage from the earlier stages of the battle, that's why the beginning is so important in this scenario.

If the game is very even, both will get Khans and avoid feeding which might cause a stage of boredom, this stage is in my opinion the hardest to master but in a Team game it won't occur, so I won't need to explain further on this, you guys just practice and try to remember some of these tips.

I'll just put an example of a certain situation: in this game Ducky vs Snow:

- Ducky had more khans
- Snow didn't have his Main castle well protected, To avoid this you can either block with more units or make walls/BBTs, or combine the 3!

- WHAT TO DO? Ducky must rush his castle with at least 3 regiments to kill Snow once and for all.

Outcome:

Ducky didn't attack well on this instance, his Khans were stuck between his BBTs because he built "furiously", and not with a certain order like I mentioned as is needed. Also he didn't task the regiments near the castle and then attack, he attacked the castle immediately causing only the first lines of the first regiments to hit the castle.

What Ducky should have done is task his regiments closer to the castle so they shoot more frequently and ALL THE KHANS fire, not just the first lines (e.g. not the best I could find but it works): THIS IS WHY I SAID NUMBERING YOUR REGIMENTS HELPS A LOT IN THIS STAGE (MASSING AND RUSHING WITH KHANS) BECAUSE IT'S WAY EASIER TO CONTROL THEM AND MOVE THEM AT ALMOST THE SAME TIME.

Enlace | Responder | Citar
 Archyz

Escrito 19 de febrero de 2011 - 01:04
This needs to be updated when I get around to it xD.
 [DZ]M1K3_

Escrito 22 de julio de 2013 - 08:11
;good
 _DZ_PikATSu_

Escrito 24 de agosto de 2013 - 14:00
Hi can we get an update here for images ?
 23RaidingParty

Escrito 5 de septiembre de 2016 - 20:48
wtf is this **** guide ben

[1]
Mostrando 1 - 5 de 5 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
1 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 1 invitados

What's popular right now: